Another easy science activity for kids. Make colors swirl on milk.
You can find an explanation to what’s happening here from a free ebook Science in Your Kitchen! by Dr. Kristen Navara of Musings of a Mom Scientist.
- Milk (we used 100 ml on a shallow plate)
- Food coloring (at least the basic colors)
- Dish soap
- Cotton buds
- Pour milk on a dish.
- Put a few drops of each color around the dish, separate from each other.
- Put dish soap on one end of a q-tip/cotton buds.
- Dip the end with dish soap on the plate of milk and see the colors swirl.
Mateo later turned this activity into a sort of messy sensory play.
See the full video below from the experiment to the messy play. I still am lazy to edit so watch a 10-minute random video for now.
Do you want more of these stuff? Sign up below to get new posts directly sent to your email.